Amazon Products

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

As you deal with life's detours, think about this




Hi guys, I'm back to bring you my rolling thoughts and insights of inspiration after a near two-week hiatus. I've been busy with life while starting up plans for a website in its infancy and beginning a side career as a mashup DJ. But folks, I've learned something. I have very clearly and lucidly realized and have had to make piece with the reality that my life has not evolved the way I first imagined it might have when playing and plotting it out a decade or so ago.

In the time of been away from the blog in my free time, I've been getting to know and catch up on stories on the hit television show How I Met Your Mother. (Watch it on Netflix here.) I have now gone through four seasons of the show and believe it or not, I've learned something from the show based on the real lives of its co-writers: I realize now, more than ever, that though we may dream of being a philosopher (as the character of Ted Mosby did in college), we may instead  become an architect who designs a rib joint shaped like a cowboy hat and the absurdity of that experience may propel and prompt our minds to ask ourselves what we really want out of our lives and thus allow us to become a professor in our field (and to somehow rekindle the philosopher in the teacher so to speak).

When I was younger, I wanted to be various things when I grew up: a toymaker, a comedian, to be a voiceover actor (which is something I can no longer do without the voice of a 10-year-old boy) among various other job titles like computer programmer and rapper/emcee—Yes, I actually did think about becoming a rapper, but I realized after less than two years contemplating what kind of rapper I was going to be, I no longer had that passion inside me.

In other news thanks to the same TV show and its dealings with subjects like fate versus free will and narrator and protagonist Ted Mosby's story of how he found "the one" made me realize that without certain setbacks like subpar SAT scores in math and lost transcripts from my community college, my entire life's trajectory would've been completely different. In fact, probably 90% of the social relationships I have not would not have ever come into being and the near-perfect fiancée I have now would likely never have come to my life—and though my life is not anywhere I thought it would be at 31, I can say I am the happiest I've ever been. My fiancée is my best friend I've ever, ever had. My friends are truly compatible with who I am, and though I do not own my own home yet or have the financial status of my ideal life, I see all of that coming more and more every day and I thank the universal source I call God every day for every breath of what to me is a very blessed life!

Roll on!

No comments:

Post a Comment